02 March 2012

Monsters

Every now and then you stumble upon a gem of a movie......imagine my surprise when I clicked on my Netflix suggestion list looking for something to play in the background and was instantly engrossed by "Monsters" within the first couple of scenes.  Here I was expecting a low budget, turn it off after 15-20 minutes, cheesy, gross to the nth degree sci-fi flick (not that there's anything wrong with that on occasion) and I get this fascinating film that I never was once tempted to glance away from.  And anyone who knows my television/movie watching habit will realize that is saying quite a bit.  Apparently it was filmed on a next to nothing budget but it never feels like it. The acting is fantastic, the scenery even more so and while there are some scenes that are hard to watch it's not because of blood and gore. Yes, this one definitely got 5 stars on the netflix rating system.

No comments: