07 April 2012

HighRock Hop adventures

I'm loving the trails this year......well, I always love the trails, it always seems like playtime (there have been exceptions, lol) and reminds me of some of the good parts about being a kid.  Y'know, wading in creeks, getting muddy, climbing over rocks, FUN stuff.  So when Brenda told us about the HighRock Hop up in Batesville, an organized trail race/run that was also FREE, of course I said yes (again!).  And yes, Maria came along again too, yay!!!!!  This is a much smaller run that is on privately owned land and oh am I envious of how gorgeous it is.  I am happy that they decide to share this slice of gorgeous Arkansas nature with all of us strangers--sorta strangers anyway.

En-route!


We're here (or there)


The Race Motto


Us girls with Robert


Don't ask about my weird pose, I think I was concentrating on sucking in my tummy


The first big climb




In the pasture, watch out for cowpies!


Reminded me of Sylamore through here


Wee bit of a drop but not the steepest area we had


Love this image


oops, think I was a bit lopsided here 


These rocks HURT to run across


Runners in the distance


Brenda smiling :-)


This is getting pic intensive, will continue in another post.



No comments: