01 July 2012

Sunny day in London

Oh yes, it is time for another pic heavy post from my adventures in the UK last month during the unseasonably warm first week of my visit.  I have many, many more but don't have the patience to go through them all at once so hope everyone will forgive the slowness of me putting some of 'em up.

Runners entering Green Park after the Bupa 10k. I wanted to run this but it was full by the time I decided when I would go back to the UK

Finish line after the race on The Mall

St. James's Park, following a friend to eat at Inn the Park after she ran the 10k.  It was a happening place, we lost the table at once while we were waiting to be seated by people who just walked in the side door and just sat down, lol.  Also nearly witnessed a fight between servers who were a little frazzled with how busy it was.  Right now it's currently closed until September due to the beach volleyball Olympic event being held on the Horse Guards parade ground

The Admiralty Arch which as of mid-February was on the market for 75 million pounds. My birthday is in February........just a suggestion if anyone wants to buy me something extra-special, lol. 

People-watching on (at) Nelson's Column

me :-)

The Olympics countdown clock seemed very out of place

All the ubiquitous British red in the background then the All-American red Levis logo

The Market in Covent Garden, all flagged out for the Diamond Jubilee

Smelled and looked so yummy (The Market)

Now that's a party barge ;-)

Me with a "bobby" (not sure if that's considered derogatory now or not). Believe it or not he smiled when we asked if it was ok for us to take a pic. Oh yeah, it was quite windy that day--way too many pics messed up because of my crazy hair. Huge thanks to TWBrit for stopping and asking him if we could have the pic (and for picking out a cute one although I don't think that was intentional, lol).

Still haven't managed to circle about in the London Eye

The queue to get into Westminster Abbey, love the couple leaning into each other

Not a fantastic pic or anything but I do love the corners on the left

Being a bit naughty at Scotland Yard wink-wink


No comments: