03 September 2014

Superficial? Maybe not.

It comes as absolutely no surprise that feeling comfortable with how you look has an impact on your performance so why shouldn't that apply to our fitness gear as well? I found this article about a study of teenage girls in the UK discussing their feelings about the sport kit and how it could be improved.  At first I was perturbed by the statistics--28% saying they they "avoid sport as their PE kit makes them feel ugly" but then I thought about how I feel when what I'm wearing to work out in doesn't perform well or looks horrible and it totally made sense.  Good on Virgin Active, Women's Sport and Fitness Foundation, Lexie Sport, the school and the girls involved for taking action with this.  By the way, whoever thought that v-neck shirts for adolescent girl sport kit would be a good idea???


Active Inspiration: My Kit and Me

No comments: