03 May 2009

I'm gonna wash that.....

Oops, wait a minute I want to keep the man I've got so no washing him out of my hair--wow that's an old commercial, dating myself way too much here. Anyhoo, part one of this weekend's craft project is done, got the base color of my hair done. Kind of scared that it may be darker than I wanted but hey, I did go through a phase of dying my hair black for a couple of years in my 30s so it's not going to kill me. It's only hair after all, it does grow back if you have to strip it down and fry the hell out of it then cut it all off ;-).

Tomorrow is phase 2-the highlights. Now this is where it's going to get tricky. Aforementioned man, aka James is going to have to help me here. I'm in luck though, unlike me he has no problem coloring within the lines, lol. Have I mentioned that Abigail my niece is just like me with the coloring? Personally I think it's a sign of creativity that no lines can box us in.

And in case you're really bored and wondering why I don't go to a professional to cover up my gray, it's because 1) it takes too darn long and 2) they always want to make you sit there facing the stupid mirror while they're working on you. I have no desire to sit and stare at myself with my hair sticking up in all directions looking all weird for 30-60 minutes (depends on if it's a single or double process frying). I can do a lot of time-sucking web browsing at home instead--or as I prefer to deem it, multi-tasking!

No comments: