01 May 2009

Continuation of a thread

Elsie chasing bugs at Hubbard, TX picnic area.

First off I got to meet Terry live and in person for a short while Monday night and terrify her with my four-wheeler driving. She also got to experience firsthand my very bad habit of starting to talk about 1 one thing and end up on 4 other subjects without ever finishing the first topic. Anyway enjoyed it very much and maybe next time it will be when we're both not on such a tight schedule. Indy, she's even cuter and more personable in person than she is on her blog so you're going to have to make a special trip back to the states to meet up with her.

Unfortunately I'm not feeling very talkative at the moment (or y'all may actually be breathing a sigh of relief, lol). Gloomy weather here at home, I'm looking at a best case scenario $600-800 repair job/worst case $2000-3000 on my motorcycle due to my own stupidity (left the choke pulled out and the fuel on while it sat for a couple of weeks so will probably have to have the top end rebuilt), and stressing about my job (haul General Motors parts). As far as the job goes we do have the go-ahead to sign up for unemployment if the dedicated run shuts down for a while rather than going over the road but it is a 25/30% reduction in pay.

My foot is doing better but I've reduced my mileage quite a bit the past 2 weeks and I think that's also probably contributing to my foul mood. Tomorrow is the Toad Suck 5k/10k and this will be the first year I've ran the 10k.

9 comments:

Terry said...

LOL......Oh Gabby, you are such a doll.. Truth is, I did not notice anything wrong with your automobile skills.... I had no problem keeping up with the change of topics, as my mind skips around also....and Elsie is such a sweet pup!! It was such a delight to meet all of you!! Hope to see you again soon!!

And keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out for you...(job)..that is a scary position to be in!

Indy said...

GerDay Gabby,

I have EVERY intention of revisiting the USA - sooner than later, I hope.

There are a few things very high on my agenda and meeting Terry is right up there! Ummmm meeting you and your better half is up there, too, if it can be managed, as is a couple of other people.

All I have to do is get to saving the spondula!

I thoroughly enjoy the exposure I have to you ladies, so you can be assured that it IS a high priority. Very high.

Maybe I shouldn't use the expression "exposure" here, but I mean it in thetruest sense and not as some gutter minds may think!!!

Indy said...

Psssst! Gabby. I have some news for you.

Having communicated a little with Terry, I can assure you that she has more in common with you than you may realise and, on occasions, can be a real flibbertigibbert (yes! There is such a word) and, I am sure the pair of you are an absolute delight! :-)

Unknown said...

Terry,
Hopefully we'll get another chance to meet up again soon and maybe next time we can squeeze in a run/walk with Elsie, ;-).

Indy, James and I would love to meet up with you the next time you're here. Just let us know when! And surely you're not suggesting that we're both a tad "flighty" when it comes to conversations?! LOL!

Indy said...

Well, Gabby ....... hahahahahaha

Given that www.dictionary.com has this definition:-

flib⋅ber⋅ti⋅gib⋅bet 
–noun 1. a chattering or flighty, light-headed person.
2. Archaic. a gossip.

and neither of you strike me as archaic or a gossip, I figure flighty would be close ... except I have to say that you both are far from unintelligent. From my exposure (as restricted as it is) I suspect she is the smartest young lady I know AND reading your stuff would lead me to believe you are no slouch in the grey matter department, either! :-)

You girls will know if and when I get to travelling over there - straight up!

Terry said...

I would prefer to think of it as a cornucopia of conversation initiated in sporadic fashion! LOL

Indy said...

Now I have to find a blasted dictionary! ROTFL

Indy said...

Ummmmmmmm

I meant to comment!

Good luck on the work front!

Hahahahahaha! Word verification is ..... I will tell you in a private email coz it is quite errrr risque`~~~

Unknown said...

Indy, now I'm dying of curiosity, never received the email with the naughty word verification.