09 May 2009

procrastinator extraordinaire

I have not gotten a single decent night's sleep all freaking week. No reason for it--well, maybe a few reasons ranging from work stress, thunderstorms almost every day, and a dog that's on the verge of a nervous breakdown from aforementioned storms. Anyway, the result was yesterday I drove a grand total of 390 miles. Which was not enough to get me into Arkansas (home).

Started out just north of Laredo, made it to Cotulla where I stopped for a couple of hours (5 mile run that was supposed to have been 7 and breakfast). Drove another 70ish miles to Von Ormy (shower and transflo paperwork). Drove another 1.25 hrs to Buda for a Wal-Mart excursion--Elsie had stepped in poop at Von Ormy so had to buy a small tub to give her a bath in. Baby wipes didn't work to clean her up, don't know what the other dog had been eating but it was nasty. Also waited on James so we could visit for a little while before going our opposite directions.

Next stop was Robinson for fuel (in and out quickly for once) and then finally made it to Dawson with an hour to spare before my 14 hrs was up. Felt like I accomplished absolutely nothing yesterday and my logbook reflected it--a grand total of 6.5 hrs of work for the day and I was dragging when I stopped. Just one of those days...............

And the pisser is it didn't rain today at my house--I could have gotten in some quality miles on my bicycle today if I'd have done what I should have yesterday. Yeah, I'm in a heckuva mood right now. Oh and everybody's out riding their motorcycles and I can't afford to repair mine for at least another month. We're needing to kind of watch things until we find out if and how long our plant will be shut down this year. James kept telling me that I could ride on the back of his but about the third time I snapped and asked him how he'd like it if his bike was down and I kept telling him he could ride on the back of my softy. Thought so..........

Whew, I feel better......Nothing like a good rant to clear the air. Sorry about the general angst and ill temper.

No comments: