23 October 2010

I might whinge......

and I do.........a lot.  But that's a tendency I'm trying to curb.  Honestly, receiving what may be the last email ever from a friend has a very sobering effect on a person. So yeah, past time for me to stop with the negativity and actually enjoy life.

With that note, the past 2 weeks I've been decluttering like crazy, making countless trips to the consignment store, trashing what can't be sold or given away in good conscience and a yard sale this morning to get rid of even more "STUFF".  What didn't sell was immediately hauled off by a friend for a charity of one of her friends, yay!!!!!!!!  All except the books, I'll take them to another charity next week.

Next week or so, I'm making the rounds to ASU-Beebe and UCA to gather up my transcripts and speak to somebody about actually finishing up my bachelor's degree with online courses or Saturday classes. If I switch to a business administration degree and they won't make me take any classes over (it has been 11-12 years since I was in college) I should be able to finish up fairly quickly. Not that I want an office job and I do enjoy what I'm currently doing but I very much want to have more options available to me in case I do decide to move away from trucking.  And let's face it, I'm a 41 year old woman with sleeved arms, I'm going to have to work extra hard to get hired by anybody.  No grumbles, it is what it is and I think I have enough references from very good friends that will help but no blinders on, it will be difficult.

My running mojo seems to be returning but I've not gone out for speed or distance, just shooting for 3ish miles 3-4 times a week.  It's a good thing I'm not going for speed though, I'm SLOW, lol!!!!!  But it does feel good kicking my day off with the nice little endorphin buzzies again.

Leaving y'all with a couple of vids from another desert island band pick, 12 Rounds. 
WARNING: these are not for the easily offended, there are graphic images!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So don't click on them at work or if there are kids around!!!!!!!!!

12 Rounds "Pleasant Smell/Business
12 Rounds "Holed"

No comments: