26 December 2009

I'm a grinch

Yeah, not so much a holiday person.....habits and behaviors that you've been exposed to in your formative years are very hard to shake off. Not saying that it can't be done but it is a bit difficult and I find myself in a bit of a funk every year from November thru December......January and February are just gloomy but at least I'm able to shake off the desire to start a fight with the person nearest near to me, lol........This year, I've still been grumpy, moody, and yes, a bit testy but James kind of understands whats going on by now so he cuts me more slack than he used to. Also, I have been able to curb the wanting to argue grinch more than I have in the past.


Anyways, the holidays are practically over now :). I truly hope everybody had a very enjoyable Christmas and are planning their New Year's Eve celebrations and plotting out next year's resolutions. I am off on vacation through the 3rd, will get back to trucking on the 4th. Very much looking forward to this break, have a lot of decompressing and decluttering to do.


Leaving you with a pic of a roadblock I encountered Wednesday on my way home but it was so funny I managed to not get angry, lol.





3 comments:

Susan said...

I get it! I really do.

This year was different for me. Running a marathon on 12/12 for me meant not getting into the holiday craze until 12/13.. so it really all seemed to go by quickly.

Anonymous said...

Hiya Gabby, Well it looks warmer there than it is in the UK.

Winter isn't my fav. time of year either. Roll on the spring!!lol

Cheers
Coz

Unknown said...

Susan,
you know I may plan a big December event for next year to kind of head off some of the grouchiness :). Isaac is such a cutie!!

Cozmic,
yeah, where I live it's not too bad in the winter. We just tend to have 1-2 bad ice storms a year (whew). What we have been having is major flooding, yikes! Took me a few extra hours to get home last week because of detours.... And yes, bring on spring :)

Gabby