30 December 2009

Intrusiveness

So yeah, it's the next to the last day of 2009 and I should be doing a year-end wrap up post but quite honestly, I'm not in the mood.........Probably has a good bit to do with the gingival graft dental surgery that I had on Monday, yuck. Unfortunately was only able to get one of the grafts done because I have maxed out my dental insurance for the year, so that means sometime in early 2010 I'm going to have to use another weeks vacation to do the remainder.

This brings me to another grumble. The company that employs me is by far the most intrusive company that James and I have ever worked for......Yes, there are regulations that govern what kind of medications you can take when you are a truck driver but this particular company goes above and beyond what the law requires and that's not necessarily a good thing. As a matter of fact they go so far beyond what is required by the law that they now have a lawsuit against them by EEOC for illegally dismissing a driver due to health issues.

It takes so long to clear our medical dept that I was only able to take ONE of the prescribed pain pills after the surgery......I'm due to go back to work on Monday and if this hadn't been a holiday weekend coming up I would have had a little more time to clear the medical dept on Thursday & Friday but in order to get cleared by today (because they would be off for the remainder of the week) I could only take the pain medication on Monday.......so there you go, only ibuprofen for me the past 2 days, lol. Yes, I've been a bit grumpy :).

No comments: