Okay adding a disclaimer to this post because as I noted to Terry in the comments I was going for tongue in cheek humor over actual things that have been told me over the years and instead I came off as a whiny, rabid, humorless person (and yes I can be those things at certain times but that's not the point I was going for here, lol).
one of my many failings is that I tend to allow what other people think bother me.......Kind of a typical type A personality in that. And yeah, don't let other type A's tell you that they don't care what others think, the vast majority of the ones I know do despite their vehement protestations.
A recurring thing that I've had people say to me is that I'm not a "real" truck driver for various reasons many of them contradictory
Why I am not or wasn't a REAL TRUCK DRIVER according to others
1) I went to truck driving school
2) I drove team with my husband therefore I didn't do any city driving or backing up to docks because other guys wouldn't "allow" their wives/girlfriends to do so
3) I don't drive team with my husband (said some of it was contradictory, lol)
4) I currently drive an automatic truck
5) I have only run regional for the past 3-4 years--Middle Tennessee to Laredo, Texas with occasional forays into Alabama, Kentucky, or Missouri
6) I call my husband for advice or if he's around have him assist or do some of the minor repairs on my truck or trailer--not sure how this is different from calling up road rescue, asking on the cb, or going to a shop
7) Occasionally my husband and I actually get to pick up at the same places or close by on the same day, so if I happen to be following him I'm not able to drive by myself (although I have accused James of driving my truck and his simultaneously, it's actually not physically possible for him to do so, lol)
8) I don't like driving overnight
and on and on and on.............I could make arguments about every single point but since I'm trying to work on not allowing others' opinion color my view of myself I will let it pass.......you don't know how hard that is to do though, LOL......