04 April 2011

Can't. Stop. Sweating.

Oh yeah, the humidity the south is infamous for is rearing it's ugly head.    Woke up this morning and it was 68f/20c, very windy, and a slight sprinkle every so often.  Just enough to be a tease and not cool you down at all....even after 30 minutes and cleaning up I'm still all sweaty & yucky.

Couple that with a raging case of DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) and what do I decide to do? Go run up some freaking hills!!! Oh my....the uphills weren't so bad but those downhill sections nearly had me in tears a few times, OUCH :-(. And what's up with this being pushed back up the hill by the wind?

Despite all my grumbling it was a decent run. I didn't have to take a walk break and I managed to shake the morning grogginess.  Now if I could just quit sweating, I'd be a happy woman, lol.  Bring on the day! But mother nature, could you please calm down a little before I have to start driving? I kinda prefer keeping the truck and trailer in the same lanes as each other.

My reward? A traditional southern style breakfast with BACON!!

No comments: