28 March 2008

World's Largest Peanut!

Yes I saw the world's largest peanut on yesterday's run in Pearsall, TX! Actually according to Eccentric America it's now the second largest peanut. It's amazing the interesting things you see when you run in a different place away from the freeway. There is this absolutely beautiful house in Pearsall (hacienda style, gorgeous landscaping). Now if only yesterday's run was half as good as some of the scenery I would have had an excellent day. Warm day, very humid. I only had an apple and 1/2 a gatorade am for breakfast and it was not near enough fuel for a late morning run. Had a 4 mile pace run scheduled, turned into a "can I survive this run?" right from the start. Ended up taking 3 walk breaks and I have no clue on the mileage because it was very overcast and my garmin was not getting a satellite signal (qualcomm wasn't either). I'm assuming it was at least 4 miles because the total time was almost 45 minutes and even on bad days I generally have 10 minute miles.

There was a sign in front of the Chamber of Commerce at Pearsall advertising the Potato Fest car show and 5k race May 9 and 10. Couldn't find any additional info online, just a phone number to call. Surely they have web access, how are they going to get participants from outside the area if no one knows about it?

No comments: