17 July 2009

Hurry up!!

Elsie patiently waiting for me to hurry up and walk her already.

Well, it hasn't been the week from hell but it sure has been frustrating, LOL....Finally got the guy who's filling in while my dispatcher is on vacation to give me a different trailer Monday morning so that I could make my Wednesday pickup in middle Tenn. We pretty much rushed to Arkansas so that I could drop my truck off for new steer tires and the a.p.u. possibly repaired (rubber boot on fuel solenoid had a hole in it) Tuesday. Used the 4 hours off to drive the 45 minutes home, start a load of laundry (one load only so that I could have some shorts to wear), hit the gym for 5 miles on treadmill, shower, empty out the mail box and drove the 45 minutes back. Whew!

Of course the trailer I picked up Wednesday needed tires, I don't think I've been able to pick up a trailer at this customer for the past 2 months that didn't need repairs.....It's not the customer tearing things up though, it's drivers not having things fixed. Couldn't even get the landing gear up, the trailer had been dropped too high, the gearing was stripped, and the handle didn't fit properly. Oh and it weighed approx. 39,000 lbs, not over-weight but made it that much more impossible to budge. I ended up having to get the yard driver lift the trailer up with his truck while James struggled with the landing gear. Yeah, I did the girl thing and asked my hubby to come help, LOL. In my defense though, even James had difficulty with it where it was so screwed up. Rushed to our yard in central Arkansas and the mechanics had things set to rights in almost record time--including replacing a suspension system part that I didn't catch on the walk-around. All this rushing means that I have no time for a proper meal or shower because I have to make it back to Arkansas before the shop closes at 1800.

Anyway back in Laredo dealing with the fill-in again. There are a couple of trailers here that go to one of the customers in Tenn. that I pick up at but this guy claims they're not here. Never mind that I'm looking at the trailers and he's over 800 miles away. Soooo frustrating. Oh yeah, he doesn't answer his qualcomm messages either.

No comments: