26 July 2009

Dam Night Run 5k

Woo-hoo!!!!!!!!! A new 5k personal record--23:26 according to the chip timing website. I thought it was closer to 23:46 which is still a p.r. but hey I'll take the chip time! Don't have much time this morning so will write out a more comprehensive race report later in the week (yeah I know, scintillating stuff. NOT!) I was 22nd female overall out of 281, 133 overall out of a field of over 600.

Carol and me prior to the start--as you can see she is now a member of the Marathon Maniacs! She's done 1 a month so far this year, AMAZING. She's such an amazing, bubbly, awesome person!!!!!!!!! And we were mistaken for sisters on one occasion, LOL.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Gabby on the new p.r.

Unknown said...

Thank you Mr. Tedybehr!!!!

Indy said...

GerDay Gabby,

As time permits I hope to comment on all these "Dam" blog posts, but for now ......

You said "Carol and me prior to the start--as you can see she is now a member of the Marathon Maniacs! She's done 1 a month so far this year, AMAZING. She's such an amazing, bubbly, awesome person!!!!!!!!!"

I think you are describing YOURSELF as much as Carol! No bloody wonder you get mistaken for sisters! Sheesh! These damned over motivated women! Hahahahahahaha

Congrats on the PB.

Unknown said...

Thanks Indy,
but Carol is that x100, she's never met a stranger. But yeah, I think it was a combo of our giggling and chattering and the wild mops of curly hair that prompted the guy to ask if we were sisters. Can you believe she's the mother of 2 grown daughters?

Gabby

Terry said...

YAY!!! OMG.. YOU DID IT!! I am so excited for you.... but I knew you would finally hit that -24 mark....That is so awesome!!

Terry said...

Sorry, but I could not resist.... ah hem..... If Indy can congrat you on the PB, maybe I should send you some Jelly....LOL....

Oh, I am horrible!!!I am sure he meant it as Personal Best, but all I could think about was Peanut Butter....

Anonymous said...

It's peanut butter jelly time, peanut butter jelly time, peanut butter jelly time.....sorry. Now that song is in my head.

If you are scratching your head wondering what the heck I'm talking about...here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ZAGBL6UBA

Terry said...

Nice try Tedybehr!! I will not ever watch THAT version again.. I prefer the old version we learned back in the day at YMCA camp....

Peanut
Peanut Butter
Jelly.....First you take the peanuts and you pick em , you pick em.....

Anonymous said...

I've heard that version so many times now that I had forgotten about the older one. =-)