16 December 2007

"I Am Legend" rocks!!

I actually managed to stay awake long enough friday night to go see "I Am Legend". Excellent movie, Will Smith is in his element with these types of flicks. My only complaint is about the movie theater itself. You now purchase your tickets in the concession line, which would work ok if there were actual lines/lanes marked out. But as it is it's just fight your way in one big mass and hope that you're in an actual line. Oh yeah and hope that some 13-14 year old guy doesn't let 5 of his buddies in line with him ahead of you after you've been standing in line for 20 minutes. Wouldn't have been so bad if they would have paid at one time instead of individually. Anyway it's a horrible setup.

Saturday's workout was full body weight routine followed by 4 miles on the treadmill. Cold and rainy again. My shins/calves are still sore from the Wed. run (hills, concrete, + shoes that need to be taken out of the rotation). I think that brought me up to 25 miles on the week.

Did a little more shopping yesterday, tried out a newish chocolate shop in Searcy called Pearley May's. Delicious!!! There are these hard lemon flavored chocolate candies that are to die for. The lemon doesn't hit you all at once, very subtle and yummy. Bought a chocolate arrangement there for the shipping dept. at Pulaski. They are some of the nicest people I've worked with.

Today's run was 8.19 miles outside in 1:16:30. Hard to get going and stay motivated. It was sunny but cold, around 34* with a brisk wind. We left out after 10 a.m. Felt sorry for James, he can't get up enough speed to get warmed up because of keeping pace with me. He said that it was cold on his face and lower legs but was bundled up in the torso so that portion was on the warm side, just couldn't get his body temp. even. Once I got warmed up I was ok except for the Center St. section, too many trees for the sunshine to come through and facing into the wind. Even had to shed my gloves and vest. My hands are a little windchapped though. Parts of the bicycle trail had flooded the past couple of days and there was one section that was covered over with mud this morning, it was slick. At one point I was doing kind of a modified penguin shuffle run to get through it. I did manage to get my scheduled 8 miler in and even did a 1/8 mile sprint at the end (trying to get used to kicking up the speed when tired).

2 comments:

Dan said...

Hi there! Nik and I just saw I Am Legend, too, and really liked it -- although Nik was constantly worried that his dog was going to get hurt. Our biggest gripe about the film was that we both paid $3.50 each for bottles of water. If I wasn't so thirsty I would've been furious.

Unknown said...

Unfortunately I read a spoiler about Sam getting killed so I knew it was coming just not when or how. I enjoy your podcast--more so with the new microphone--the first few episodes weren't loud enough to listen to easily through my truck's speakers. Double thanks because my husband has now started the couch 2 5k program!!