07 December 2007

Update for the week

I had a really long post on Monday but didn't notice that it wasn't autosaving like normal so lost everything when I lost my internet connection. Anyway Sunday I had a 10 minute weight workout, then 4.75 miles on the treadmill. It looked nasty weatherwise so I just decided to rearrange my schedule and go to the health club. Little did I know that the temp. was actually perfect to a little warm, it just looked cold and menacing.

Monday was a rest day, Tuesday was an excellent run!!! 5.04 miles in 47:11. It was cold in the beginning, but once I got warmed up it went great. I hated to stop at 5 miles, felt like I could have done another 2 easy but unfortunately there was this thing called work that interfered. Took Wed. as another rest day, really wanted to run but wasn't comfortable with the area that I had as an option when I took a break. Because of my gender I have to be careful of where I choose to go out and about.

Today I was late getting home, there is a recall on some of the freightliners right now that has to do with replacing some of the bolts on the steering column. Evidently there has been quite a few trucks that had the tilt steering not working properly. It was an easy fix though, just a matter of minutes for the mechanic at the dealership to replace the bolts. I think it took longer to have spare keys made than it did to repair. We ate at Carino's, had some awesome chocolate cake there. Made a stop at Academy Sports, I picked up a long sleeve Russell technical shirt and a pair of capri tights while James drooled over the kayaks. Then we fed our pickup, $62 to fill it up today. Made a stop at Riders Ready bicycle shop in Cabot, they seemed like super nice people. They had these new lights in stock that are not battery powered but are powered by the rotation of the wheel. You don't have to worry about turning them on or off, $60 for the set of 2, front and rear. James ordered one set from there and will then take them into Bike City to see if they can get them because he actually wants to run 2 in the front and 2 in the rear. I then went to the gym and put in 5.5 miles on the treadmill. 15.25 miles for the week so far.

Finished up listening to Scott Sigler's "Ancestor" this week. His stuff is great but it can be spooky listening when you are traveling back roads on a rainy night. Definitely kept me alert Sunday night!! Started listening to "Murder at Avedon Hill" by P.G. Holyfield (spelling?) and trying to listen to 4 Feet Running podcast but the volume is a little low on the earlier episodes so difficult to listen to when in the truck but very entertaining.

No comments: