28 December 2007

Ow ow ow!!!!!!

I hurt!! My triceps are sore, my butt is sore, my biceps and shoulders are sore. I think my husband had it in for me yesterday on the weight workout. Normally I do 20-30 minute weights 1-2 times a week but I decided to let James be my personal trainer yesterday because I was needing to kick things up a notch in that dept. Yeah. Walking lunges, bench presses, assisted pull-ups, bicep curls, he pretty much hit everything for 1 1/2 hrs. I could barely get into our pickup this morning.

Had 6 miles planned today, did 4.5 with 8 sets of strides (30/60 second sets). Tried the 20/40 second sets for the first 2 but it was driving me crazy bumping the speed up and down on the treadmill that often. Our health club is kept at too high of a temperature to be comfortable for harder cardio workouts, I always try to find a treadmill in front of the fan and still end up with a very red face from the heat. Bought donuts as a reward and stopped by our local bike shop to share the calories. I would like to get down to 115 lbs (currently at 123) but I think I will wait until after the 1st to try to drop down. 123 seems to be my body's happy weight right now.

Oh yeah, I'm now registered for the March 2 Little Rock HALF marathon. I think I have officially lost my mind.

Weekly total--approx. 28.5 miles

No comments: