02 December 2007

run for the CHILL of it



Ran the Reindeer 5k yesterday morning in Russellville and set a new p.r.--25:08. That's a 1 minute 3 second improvement over the last race on the same course. I decided that I wasn't putting enough into the races because I still had a lot of energy afterwards. Moved forward into the starting pack and kept a faster 1st mile pace than normal (7:45). Going out was no problem because there was a brisk tailwind pushing us but since this is an out and back course that tailwind became a headwind and boy was I contemplating a walk break. I was also wishing that I had my ipod with me to help take my mind off of everything. Kept pace with another woman throughout the race, she'd pass me, I'd pass her, but she had enough at the end for a final kick and passed me a final time. I had nothing left at that point. 63 seconds may not seem like a huge improvement but it's tougher than it sounds, I am so sore today!!!! Did place first in my age group (Yay!!!!). Did run into a couple of people that I went to school with. Everybody looks different but I keep being told that I look just like I did 20+ yrs ago, I think it's my chubby cheeks.


Afterwards we went to visit with my sister , b.i.l., nephew and niece. Didn't do anything with my hair because it just takes to long to dry. I look like I have little devil horns in the pic with my husband because of the little curls popping out. It looks like we were mad at each other because we were so sitting so far apart but it was the chairs that were being used at my brother in law's company party. The only way we could have moved closer was to stand up or if I sat in his lap.

No comments: