30 November 2007

New bicycle!!!!!!

I've had a Marin Portofina road bicycle on layaway at Bike City for the past month and James and his mom surprised me with an early Christmas present by going ahead and paying it off for me today. I had an armload of laundry when the doorbell rings and I was kind of cranky when I opened the door and they were standing there. Boy was I surprised when James said come on out and look what we have here. Moral of the story, don't get snappish over something small.
Here's the link to Marin's website--http://www.marinbikes.com/2008_Marin/bikes/specs_portofina.php.
No pictures yet, I'll try to get some taken over the weekend. I'm so excited about having a road bike, I would like to try a duathlon next year. No tris for me at least until I get some swimming lessons. I also need to take pics of James' bicycle, he has done some customizing to it, starting to resemble an Electra bike. Why don't we have cheap hobbies?

No comments: