24 November 2007

Yard work

Normally on Sat. mornings a group of us get together at Bike City to go for an approx. 12 mile fun ride (bicycle, not motorcycle), but with it being so cold I think everybody laid out. I know we did!! Finished cleaning out our rental storage building this morning (it was broke into last month) and then started raking the lawn. I swear anymore trees we plant are going to have big leaves--those are much easier to rake. We did purchase an electric leaf blower over the summer that has a bag and mulcher attachment. That made the clean up of the leaves so much easier. As I'm playing on the internet my husband is giving the lawn a final mow before sowing more grass seed. I think that's one of the signs we're getting older--an obsession with the yard.

I did take advantage of Hasting's after thanksgiving sale to get some new music (well new to me, 4 out of 5 were used cds)--NIN, linkin park, The Hives (2), and Stabbing Westward. The Nine Inch Nails got me thru the treadmill run last night!! My husband got a 1gb Sansa Clip yesterday. It seems like an excellent player plus has the fm stations and a nice display, all for $40. My 1st gen. shuffle is not going to last much longer, when it gives out I think I will go with the Clip for workouts. Sweat and the 1st gen. shuffle do not get along.

No comments: