20 November 2007

Trailer fixed and today's run

Finally got the trailer fixed. Lots of fun to see mechanics come out thinking that the problem was with me but then finding out hey they can't get the doors to close and latch either. Temporary fix was 2 big guys and a 5 lb. sledgehammer, final fix was a mechanic grinding down the top two catches. Almost as good as Fourth of July watching the sparks fly.

Today's run was near Prescott, AR. Almost normal Tuesday run, 3.72 miles in 34:26. Felt good except for my left little toe that I stubbed two weeks ago. My Asics trail shoes are a little on the tight side and that toe was getting a little bit squished. Approx. 100 mi. left on these shoes before they get relegated to yard duty. 59*, foggy, light mist and a wind out of the west that kicked up after my turn around point that seemed determined to push me down the hill when I wanted to go up. Total mileage for the week so far is 12.72 (had a 9 mile long run on Sunday). Today should have been closer to 4.5-5 miles, but was running late from yesterday. Anyway naptime now, hopefully the Austin I35 traffic will let up some (wishful thinking on my part, the only time that traffic lets up is-----never!)

No comments: