25 November 2007

no long run

Cold and wet today, Sunday is usually my long run day but not this time. Went out and managed to get a little over 20 mins. in before calling it quits. Not sure about the distance but was going a faster than normal to try to get warmed up. Did warm up but our streets were flooding in spots so ended up with shoes full of water several times. Not fun. Normally I like to run in the rain but just couldn't hack the ankle deep puddles today. Health club doesn't open up until 1300 and I want an early start today because of holiday traffic through Memphis so the treadmill isn't an option today. Oh well, maybe I can get loaded early enough tomorrow to stop back thru in the evening to get a quick run in.


Thinking about doing the Reindeer 5k in Russellville Sat., need to make up my mind quick to get the entry form in. I had so much fun at the Fall Fest 5k in October (got a 1st place age division award!!) because that was the first time that I had part of my family other than my hubby there to cheer me on. James is great, has been there for all of my races except one, always cheers me on and takes pictures (even the times when I've let nerves get the best of me and snapped at him). The picture today is from my very first race at the Toad Suck 5k, very tired and very happy because I ran straight thru with no walk breaks--chip time of 29:33.

No comments: