30 November 2007

Home


Made it into N. Little Rock last night, fueled this morning and drove on home. Finally did some much needed cleaning on the inside of my truck, it now smells like lavender Fabuloso, mmmm. I dislike the truck that I'm assigned to now, my previous truck was a Volvo, super nice truck, I now have a freightliner century class s/t (the s/t in my opinion stands for sh**ty truck). The volvo was assigned to me with a grand total of 12 miles on the odometer and four years later it looked as good as the day I got it. The freightliner had 386 miles on it but it is just not as well made a truck. 55,000 miles on the odo. and the door seals are already breaking down. Plus it has optimized idle on it so you're not able to idle the truck when it's cold or hot without it shutting down and starting up every 30 mins. Imagine your alarm clock going off every 30/45 minutes all night long and somebody shaking your bed at the same time, that's what I have right now. Earplugs help with the buzzers sounding but there is no getting around the truck shaking. It doesn't improve the fuel mileage, I actually get 1-2 mpg less on this truck hauling the same loads as before.


We were able to find a couple of the XM Delphi Skyfi3's last month when Best Buy clearanced them out at $29.99. My husband installed them in our trucks this morning. They seem to be nice units but the fm modulator is not as strong in these as the earlier skyfis or roadys.


Tonight was the dreadmill night, I haven't been hydrating properly so I was getting some major stitches the first 30 minutes, really need to watch that--coffee isn't an appropriate substitute for water. Total including a 1/4 mile warmup and 5 minute cooldown was 6.2 miles in 65 minutes. Also did a 15 minute weight workout before the cardio. I love doing the machine rows!! On a good day I can do 30 regular pushups without stopping, usually try for a 100 total but it's split up into 4-5 sets. My goal is to be able to do a full chinup.

No comments: