23 November 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Made it home midafternoon today, we didn't get in any hurry because of the holiday traffic yesterday. I35 was a mess from just north of San Antonio to Waco, bypassed Dallas so really
can't comment on that portion. Rushed to Wal-Mart before the store closed to buy food for the weekend, actually wasn't too bad.

Today's run was from where I park my truck to our house. 4.39 miles in 39:24. That's a little faster than what I should have done considering a lot was on hills and concrete and I had achy knees for about an hour afterwards as a result. Ran in my trail shoes since that's what I carry with me on the road and I think I may need to replace them a little sooner than expected. I also wasn't as hydrated as I should have been. Total for the week is 17.11 miles, will add some more tomorrow on the treadmill. Boring but it's easier on my legs if I can get in at least 1 run a week this way.

Watched Beowulf tonight, ate a bunch of very unhealthy theater popcorn (I think I'm starting to prefer the airpopped from home though). Movie was good but not great. 300 is still my favorite for the year. Looking forward to "I am Legend" and "Jumper".

I have two more episodes left of "Crescent" a podiobook by Phil Rossi. Great podcast, I highly recommend it if you like the sci-fi/horror genre.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for listening!

:)

-Phil Rossi