11 October 2008


Warning: This post may contain excessive whining, bitching, gripiness, feeling sorry for myselfness. You have been warned. Proceed at your own risk!! Oh, it might be a little long winded too.

Stressed out this week, blech.......I was absolutely exhausted by the time I left out Sunday evening. Met some of the Cruisers Sunday morning at Cabot for my long run of 8-10 miles (Annette, Jane, Brenda, Cindy, and a couple of others) and had lots of fun even though Brenda kicked my butt. You wouldn't have thought she'd ran 18 miles the previous day!! She is such a strong runner. Visited with Annette and Jane for a little bit to get some advice on a personal issue dealing with somebody that I think has an eating disorder then ran on to catch Brenda and Cindy since Brenda was going for the same mileage I was (8 miles give or take). It makes the long runs go by so much quicker when you have somebody to talk to so I think I'm going to try and make the effort to drive to Cabot more often.

I called James on the drive back home to let him know he had time to get up and dressed for his run/walk and that I would go out with him if he was ready by the time I got home. Ended up with 10.6 miles altogether. 8.3 at Cabot and 2.3 with James.

Should have skipped the disc golf game though. I was getting tired and cranky before the end which is pretty much how I stayed for the next 3 days.

Only made it to Crump Sunday night and I should have ran there before going on into Pulaski. Arrived at the customer at 9:30 am, went in to let them know I was there and where I was running to and they told me to go ahead and dock instead. Knew it was going to be a screwed up deal when they told me the product still wasn't ready but should be before lunch but was still cautiously optimistic about getting out early. Well, the machine making my parts broke down so now I'm stuck in the dock. Great.......No internet access, can't get a decent nap because the truck shakes whenever they drive the forklift in and out of my trailer and the trailer next to me, AND I can't go for a run 'cause I can't leave the immediate area in case they need to have me pull out so they can work on another truck. Didn't get loaded until 3:45 p.m.

Stopped and slept at Wheatley, AR until about 2:30 am. For some reason the parking spot on my passenger side was like a revolving door, had at least 3 trucks come in park, stay for a short while, then leave out. None of them were quiet about it either so again couldn't get any decent sleep.

Stopped at Prescott Tuesday for a 5.64 mile run. Went okay until between mile 2.75 and 3 and then had tummy problems. Made a quick pitstop at the Love's then headed south towards town to finish up. I passed by some little hole in the wall restaurant that had the most heavenly yeast roll scent. It was all I could do to keep running by, I wanted to stop and have breakfast there so bad but knew if I did that I would have to walk the rest of the way back, lol! Might have been worth it though if it tasted as good as it smelled.

There's a new guard on third shift at Penske that's wanting to do things different than everybody else. And he's also wanting us to disregard the signs/lanes at the entrance so that he doesn't have to walk 10 extra feet to check people in. Hopefully he won't be employed there too long. When he said something about me pulling up in the right hand lane I told him that I was actually in the proper lane for the GM parts and he then said "Well, I can't argue with you there." But he griped at James the next night for the same thing. Gotta love security guards, give them a tiny bit of authority and they think their word is LAW ("Respect my authoritay").

I did jinx myself on the trailers! The one I picked up Tuesday night had all the upper clearance lights missing, 1 flat tire, 1 tire that was holding air but had a big hole in it, and 1 tire that was "bumpy" (very uneven wear from where it was driven flat for a while). Our shop used to be open 24 hours, then they cut it back to being open from 0600-2359, and now it's only open from 0800-2100 so I had to wait until the next morning to get any work done. It ended up taking just over 2 hours because when the clearance lights were stolen they screwed up the wiring.

While waiting on the trailer work to be done I was hit on 3 times, twice by other drivers and the third time by an office worker. It's kind of weird to get asked out to the movies within 2 minutes of meeting somebody. Guess I really need to replace my wedding ring. I quit wearing it a few months ago after I almost lost it twice by waving my hands around when I talk. Don't want to have it re-sized because it was my Grandmother's ring.

Wednesday evening I stopped at Dawson to run on a new route I'd been eyeballing all summer. It was great, very pretty, not much traffic (although most were doing well over the 55 mph speed limit), and quite a bit of shade. The only downside--no bathrooms!! Started having tummy issues again when I was 3/4 of a mile away from the gas station on the way back. Stop, walk a moment, run a few steps, repeat..........Ended up with 3.35 miles. I'm blaming the stomach issues this week on the lack of sleep. I don't do well when my sleep schedule is all screwed up like it has been this week.

Since I was behind schedule anyway I just decided to call it quits early Wednesday night and set no alarm. The only reason I would've liked to have got home Thursday morning was to put the recycling bins on the curb. Oh well, I'll get it next week. It felt great to just sleep in!!

No comments: