10 March 2009

Last week's workouts

Tuesday--3.99 mile run and 1.06 mile walk with Elsie and James at Palestine, AR. We got to see an old friend from Atlas afterwards. Very nice surprise!

Wednesday--5.13 miles at Mt. Vernon, TX solo. Explored part of the town proper and enjoyed it very much, this is on my list of repeat runs now. I did find out about a place earlier that morning that I'd been wondering about in Arkansas. Was told it was safe, no meth labs around, lol.

Thursday-brutal 8 mile run at Laredo around the mall again, included 3 x 1600 intervals, yuck. Warm, humid, and sunny. James ran too but we were going to be running at different paces so we took Elsie out for the warmup then put her back in my truck. She didn't want to be there so was crying very loudly. No exageration, you could hear her a 1/2 mile away. The maintenance guys kept circling my truck trying to figure out what was wrong so James cut his run short to stay with her so we wouldn't get the cops called on us.

Saturday--approx. .5 mile warmup (not enough), Chase Race 2 mile, 1.3 miles with Melisha, then the 1 mile fun run with Elsie. short ride around town on the mountain bike that afternoon (4.31 miles).

Sunday--couldn't get motivated to run early and boy did I pay for it! I was grumpy, couldn't remember anything, had to walk back for my water bottle, then the sports beans, etc. It was humid, windy, and hot. I was ok until the sun came out but once it did I was miserable. Did try out a new route, followed Collins (dirt road) out to a new subdivision then climbed a huge ridge to look at some McMansions. Gorgeous view and at the last house on the ridge we were greeted by these humongous dogs, one of which was carrying its food dish out to the road to beg some food off of us (James rode along on his mountain bike). I swear that food dish could have held 5 gallons of stuff. I was pleased that I ran all the way up the ridge without stopping to walk, did the Rocky thing at the crest, lol. The sun came out when I had about 5 miles left and like I said it just sapped what little go I had out of me. It got so bad that I stopped at a creek, took off my tank and wet it down so I could cool down a little. 13 miles scheduled, did 12.59 and I don't feel a bit bad about not getting the full mileage in. I was happy to have managed what I did.

34.51 miles for the week

This week's schedule is easy. 3, 3, 5 and then the 1/2 marathon on Sunday. I will be so glad to get it over with but I'm at a loss at where to go now with my training plans. Need to start adding in the cycling because the Tour de Rock is not that far off and I want to do the 1/2 Iron Duathlon in Conway this summer so I don't need to lolly-gag on getting a new schedule going.

Goal for Sunday-- 2 hours (or under). I did it in 2:16 and change last year when I was coming down with the flu and I've done 13 miles in 2 hours in a training run last fall so hopefully I can do it again. Getting very, very nervous though. It doesn't help that my work schedule is already thrown off this week.

2 comments:

Brenda's NEEDS to RUN said...

I just want to know HOW you can stop at 3.99 miles - LOL!!!!!

Brenda

Unknown said...

I knew you couldn't let that one pass! Since it was a run with James we always walk for 10-15 minutes to warm-up and then 10-15 to cooldown otherwise his shins kill him. Usually I just start the garmin at the very beginning then hit lap when we start and stop running so he can log the walk time then do the math afterwards. I was shooting for an even 4 but missed the mark, LOL!

Gabby