21 March 2009

what a downer

Just got off the phone with my biological father who called to ask if I ran the Little Rock Marathon last week. I explained to him that I ran the half and he said that he read about it in Monday's paper but didn't see my name--they only listed the first 100 male and female 1/2 finishers I think. Told him my time and where I finished and got back "Well, as long as YOU are happy with your time and placement that's all that matters." WTF?!?! I'm sure he didn't mean it the way it sounded but man it just came across kind of wrong.

5 comments:

Annette said...

well if it makes you feel any better when Michele told her grandmother her time she said you must be really slow. I swear people just don't think!!!!
I love your new header picture!!!

Unknown said...

Annette,
Oh my gosh, poor Michele (and she's NOT slow!).......you're right some people just don't think, grrrr.

Did you see the clothes pin on my shorts? Forgot to take it off when I put everything else down for the pic, ha-ha!

Gabby

Newly and Forever, Tamantha said...

I've had a NUMBER of insensitive comments like that this week about my marathon time...geez...

Indy said...

Gawd!!! SLOW???? You are kidding me, aren't you? I have no idea about running a marathon, a 1/2 marathon or whatever, but anything under a day sounds good to me!
Sheesh! I know people (myself included) who have taken well over 4 hours to do 40 Kms (25 miles) on HORSEBACK in horse endurance events, so you folks aren't slow!

Unknown said...

Indy--you and my husband have something in common, he used to own horses and worked 2 years in Idaho in the Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness area as a packer for an outfitter. We have the coolest pic of him leading a pack string down a hill. He says it was the hardest work he'd ever done but the most fun.