04 March 2009

Snow

Elsie's first snow! We didn't get very much in central Arkansas last weekend so imagine my surprise when I started seeing snow accumulation on Hwy 64 in the eastern part of the state when I left out for Mt. Juliet last Monday. Memphis to Jackson really got hammered, as of Tuesday around lunchtime it was still ankle-deep. Soooooo glad I didn't have to drive through it while it was falling, most of us southerners have no clue how to drive in the white stuff, LOL. The picture was taken at the rest area just west of Jackson on I-40 Tuesday.

How did Elsie handle it? Well, she didn't want to do her business on it so we had to find a non-snowy area (meaning I had to kick a spot clear). As far as playing in it, she was ok on the crunchy stuff but had no clue how to handle the soft snow.

No comments: