28 March 2009

Tired, tired, tired

This week's training schedule got shot to Hades, was okay until Thursday morning, then the hard weekend of training (Sat, Sun, and Mon.), Elsie feeling bad (allergic reaction to some oil I'd put in her ears-so no sleep) and fighting the steering wheel for 2 straight days all caught up to me. We've been experiencing some severe storms in the south-central area of the U.S. and driving in it for 10-10.5 hours per day is VERY stressful and tiring, especially in a high-profile vehicle.

I did get to see a double rainbow and a fantastic sunset Tuesday evening in Arkansas between the bouts of storms. Wish I could have been able to get a photo of it but by the time I got stopped, parked, and raced for the bathroom it was gone.

Thursday and Friday were rest days (HA!) but only Friday was scheduled to be one, blech. The trailer I picked up in Laredo is (was) equipped with the very cool, tiny, l.e.d. lights. Needless to say the ones on the rear of the trailer that were within reach were all missing so that meant a couple of hours waiting in line at the shop to have them replaced. By the time I got rolling there was a severe thunderstorm moving through so no afternoon run, didn't want to get struck by lightning. That's what I get for not setting the alarm to get up at the crack of dawn. Needed the extra 2 hours sleep though.

Friday, both James and I had to make a stop at the International dealer to get recall work done on our tractors. The airlines installed at the factory were just a tad too short and quite a few of them had been pulling loose. These ProStars have just been 1 recall after another it seems like. Oh well, at least International is making an effort to fix things instead of doing like Volvo a few years ago and denying that there's any problem while the truck is falling apart around you.

OH, the new rest areas between Jarrell and Salado on I35 have a fitness area outside with a bench to do crunches, chin-up bars, etc. I try to stop at one of them once a week to check my pull-up progress and I can do TEN pull-ups now! Chin-ups, well I'm still working on those :-). I can get myself up in the chin-up position but can't lower myself, then pull back up--I can hang there a good bit though, lol.

Friday was an ABC-Searcy (Arkansas Bicycle Club) meeting. Good presentation although a little preachy about helmets. I wear mine but it doesn't mean I like hearing lectures about it. I was so tired though, I'd been up since 4:45 am and was ready to get out of there and get to bed because I had a 5k Saturday morning. Race report will be later.

Workouts
Monday: Brick! 12.75 mile ride with James (easy spin, high-cadence day), 2.1 mile run
Tuesday: 4 mile run with Elsie, then 2.35 mile run/walk with James (windy, warm, and humid)
Wed: 3.9 mile run with Elsie (interupted by tummy issues)
Thurs: 7 pull-ups
Fri: 10 pull-ups, 10 chin-ups on low bar with legs extended in front and feet on ground (kind of like a reverse pushup), several seconds of hanging in chin-up position
Saturday: 5k race

No comments: