08 November 2009

MidSouth Marathon


Well, I am no longer a virgin--marathon wise that is, LOL!!! This can now be marked off as one of those bucket list items, although I'm fairly sure it wasn't on my bucket list to begin with, ha-ha........


Good news is that I didn't hate the experience and may even try my hand (or feet) at another one in the future but the next one will most definitely be one of the larger venues just to get the full experience of the crowds. This one was kind of an accidental marathon because at halfway through the year I'd realized I'd made all the state's Grand Prix races and thought why not try to go for Ironman status............Yeah, I knew there was a marathon involved but kept thinking that work schedule might cause me to miss one of the earlier races then there would be no pressure to run the marathon :).


Unfortunately last month James' mom suffered a minor stroke which has caused some major stress in our household in trying to rearrange schedules, deal with government agencies, etc.......Anyway I've whinged enough about this on twitter so don't feel I should go into all over again except to note that this caused some major sleep deprivation, stress, and a weight loss of 2 pounds 2 weeks prior to the marathon that I couldn't afford to lose right then. Major thanks to Lybbe, The Wondering Brit and Terry aka Little Trucker for getting me through last week with what little sanity I have left somewhat intact :)







Why the heck is my hat so crooked? LOL! Lots of compliments from non-runners about my shirt
:-)

No comments: