23 October 2011

Where does the door lead

Another recurring theme/fascination of mine for some reason are doorways, entrances, and gates.  Not quite sure why, perhaps the thought of wondering what lies beyond, is it something I shouldn't know, what are the inhabitants doing, IS the grass greener. For whatever reason I do find myself snapping (mostly mediocre) photos of them fairly often.


Kenilworth Castle


Kenilworth Castle





Warwick Castle 








Church in Warwick


 Oxford (I think)



One of the very few "modern" pics I took 


Entrance gate/path in Rugby














Derwents Dam


Salisbury

2 comments:

june in florida said...

Love your pics of Oxford, I was born and grew up there.Bladon village is where my great aunt lived in a thatched cottage right across the street from the church where Churchill is buried.You might enjoy a blog i visit "Oxford Daily Photo", actually most cities seem to have similar blogs.Found you from The Daily Rant.

Unknown said...

June,
thank you so much for stopping by and commenting. i will definitely check the Oxford blog out. Loving that I probably saw where your great aunt lived.

Gabby