29 January 2012

LoseAThon update

The LoseAThon thing is a friendly little competition started and administered (thankfully!) by @hellasound as a result of a bit of twitter joking around to encourage eating right, drinking lots of water, and exercising more--a bit of keeping each other accountable if you will.  My first 2 weigh-ins after the initial one showed some great progress but take one day of sushi and 3 HobNobs cookies (I'm NOT calling them biscuits!) and the scale showed a gain of 3 pounds this morning, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  



So, my lesson learned? While sushi and sashimi is an EXCELLENT night before a long run fueling meal for me, it's not good for the scale the next morning. Oh, and British snacks are just evil.

BTW, buy some music while you're over at the hella sound site, it's a bit on the excellent side!

5 comments:

TWBrit said...

Chocolate Hobnobs, milk chocolate homewheat, PG tips tea, AND frozen curry from the pic you haven't posted..

I think your Kroger should be called "Little Britain" :)

Unknown said...

TWB, I just want to point out there was also a sushi bar, mediterranean bar, asian & hispanic food sections.......much more than Little Britain, eh? :P

TWBrit said...

Yep sounds a bit like normal Britain :D

Susan said...

I'm with ya... I avoid sodium like the plague the day before I do my weigh-in!

Unknown said...

Susan, I'm still shocked that it made that big of a difference :-(. I've certainly learned my lesson on it but boy did I have a great run that morning though