20 April 2008

Do I really have to go to work?

It can't be Sunday already, I'm not ready for it yet. The past 3 nights I've been in bed by 9 pm, 8pm last night--had a sleep deficit going this week. My dvr list is growing because I've been working out, sleeping, doing laundry, or trying to catch up with things internet related. No time for tv ;-).

This morning was a 2.7 mile run, 8.28 mile bike ride, and a 1.7 mile walk (supposed to have been a run/walk with James and Elsie but they were giving out on me). Started out sunny but it's overcast now. Still warm though which is a very nice change from last weekend. I sunburned a little on my shoulders during the afternoon ride with Gary. Yesterday was the first time that I felt like I was getting back into the swing of bicycling--still had that walk up the hill, need to work on my strength and shifting gears. Today my legs felt tired on the run and bicycle but I can tell that my endurance is building. I think today's ave. biking speed was 14.19 mph, that's definitely improving.

Started listening to the For Whatever Reason podcast based on Charles' (Cew Tew) recommendation. OH MY GOSH, they make me so hungry!!!! They are awesome but don't listen if you're starving like I was during the first podcast I listened to. It was depressing to have to eat my subway sandwich after that. Speaking of food, James fired up the grill last night. We had steak strip spinach salad, grilled asparagus, and organic pasta salad, yummy!! If you didn't already know, James is the cook in the family. I don't tend to cook anything besides steel cut oats. Works out well though, James doesn't like to clean and I don't like to cook so there's no fighting over who's going to do what. Oh, and we had peanut butter cup cookies for dessert, so it wasn't totally healthy.

No comments: