03 April 2008

Kielbasa and shower gel

Now what could those two things have in common?

Bloated and retaining water this week, I would imagine that is how it feels to be a kielbasa sausage--if kielbasas could feel anything that is. Blech, that explains the moodiness (bitchiness) last week. James has a friend that claims he doesn't believe in pms, says it's just an excuse for women to be cranky. When I told him I would be more than happy to change places with him for one month, he told me that he didn't doubt that we (women) didn't feel bad during/before our periods, it's just that we were using it as a way to act bitchy to men. Oookay, like I need to feel like a stuffed sausage to be cranky. I can do perfectly fine without a week of feeling like my head is going to start twisting all the way around.

I miss shower gels. It's not that they've gone away or anything but I decided last summer to try to limit my use of plastics and shower gel is not necessary when there is perfectly good bar soap that is not packaged in bottles. I had a large stash of gels and scrubs so I didn't feel deprived until I ran out just after the first of the year (Hi, my name is Gabrielle and I'm addicted to Bath and Body Works). Well, last weekend I found a small bottle of gel hidden under the sink and I was so incredibly happy. That is ridiculous, I should not be almost jumping for joy over a bottle of liquid soap, even if it is buttercream frosting scented. I need to go check out Lush and see what they have for gel alternatives. I want lots of food-scented suds not some hard brick!!!!!!!!!

Home early this week, our pay period cuts off at midnight Tuesdays so James and I both had been scheduling our deliveries so that we would have one trip each held back for the next week. It keeps our paychecks steady but it means that we get home Thurs. night instead of Wed. when we do this. Well, this week James' load needed to be at the plant asap so we both went ahead and delivered early. I will get an extra day off but our dispatcher wanted James to do an extra run so he's having to leave out this evening, yuck. The extra pay will be nice but I'd rather have him home with me.

The American Axle strike is starting to affect our plant, as of right now tomorrow will be the last load for James' plant. He will be able to switch to picking up at my plant but it will probably quit shipping in a week or two also unless the strike is resolved.

No comments: