06 April 2008

Long bicycle ride today

ow, ow, ow. It's hard on a girl to go from only doing 12-13 miles to 28.98. I only thought that I was used to being on the bicycle. The first 12.66 were slow as we were doing a group ride with a couple of young kids but the remainder of the mileage I went out with Gary. Boy, was he kicking my butt and he had slowed down the pace for me. One of James' friends (also named Gary) said that I just wasn't right. It was one thing to try to exercise but I was going overboard at this point--can't tell he's also a truckdriver can you :-). This is just the bare minimum of what I need to be doing if I'm going to attempt a longer organized group ride later this summer.

Ran 2.76 miles this evening and it was tough to get going and stay going after last night's run and this morning's ride. Bet I'll sleep good tonight!!

No comments: