12 April 2008

Friday recap

Weight workout and bicycle ride Friday. I limited the weights to an upper body workout (except for the stiff-legged deadlifts) because I had planned on taking a long for me bicycle ride afterwards with James. I didn't think that I'd went too heavy on weights but last night and today is saying something different, I am achy right now.

The bicycle ride was the route that Gary had tortured me with last weekend but at a slower pace. James kept sprinting ahead of me on his road bike while I'm nagging at him to slow down because we were going to have a tough ride. People with fast twitch muscles are way too used to sprinting ahead of us slow twitchers but we have our revenge if it's anything over 5-6 miles because while their muscles are screaming and are gasping for air we're just getting warmed up. It was a tough ride yesterday because of the wind, I think it was 20-25 mph gusts. I was literally getting blown sideways a few times. The only way I could muscle through it was to get in the drop and make myself as small of a target as possible. It's at this point that James is flagging and starting to get a little cranky. Hon, remember all those times when I was first learning and you kept killing me with the hills, yeah, revenge can be sweet!! We ended up with 16.87 miles.

The neighbor's son and a friend came over to visit me after the ride when I was cleaning my bike. Boys can be so funny with their machismo!! They were asking about my bike, the speedometer, races, etc.. While I was explaining that I'd never raced the bicycle before but would be participating in a duathlon at the end of the month (and explaining what a duathlon was) the neighbor's kid asked how fast I would be going. When I told him that I would probably do between 15-20 mph (yes, I'm a slow bicyclist) he told me that he could go faster than that on his trick bike (he's 9-10 yrs. old). I just smiled and told him yes, he probably could.

Marc, I got your text but it was while I was driving and then forgot to reply later. Glad everything is still ok, but was there more flooding because of Thursday's rains? I don't have your email on this computer and I'm having issues with the desktop right now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yes more flooding than last month i didnt get to town until saturday when the water recieded enough they had 5 north of calico closed and over at sylamore where it all comes together it was closed. Norfork had all their floodgates open should of seen it. killian.marc@gmail.com