13 May 2008

Short walk


Dreary day, the brace is getting to me, and just felt way too closed in--we have a small house so it doesn't take much. With all that I decided it was time to take Elsie for a short walk so we went out for 35 minutes. The dog gave out before I did, she stopped twice in the last 10 minutes and just gave me this look like "what are you doing to me?". It helped my mood but my shoulder is twinging a little. Can't blame the twinges on the walk though, I forgot to have James stop at the post office yesterday so I had to drive there myself today. Twisted in a weird way trying to get up in our pickup.


Gotta agree with Susan, I love running and bicycling, but walking just seems like it's something I have to do to get to something more interesting. Having Elsie with me gives me something to concentrate on other than how slow I'm going.
Currently listening to Goose. I kept stopping everything to watch/listen to the new Mitsubishi Lancer commercial so finally googled it to find out who did the song ("Bring it On" Goose). I now have that on my music wishlist, perfect running AND driving music.

1 comment:

Gypsy said...

Hey, thanks for your comments and advice on my blog! All the tips I've gotten online from more experienced truckers, especially the female drivers, have been really encouraging.

Just out of curiosity, what company do you work for that uses automatic trucks? I've been looking into U.S.Express, since Werner's 9-speeds are still frustrating me. And, am I right in assuming you drive local, not OTR?

Also, just wanted to say that it makes me really happy to see a truck driver who's so into physical fitness. Staying in shape while out on the road has been a big concern for me, so I'm going to read your blog for tips on that. :)

See you on the road,
Gypsy