04 June 2008

Follow the socks

I've decided that Elsie has some kind of weird doggie sock fetish, if there's a sock anywhere within her reach she's got it. I forgot to close the door to the room where I hang up clothes to dry that need to be air dried last night and there was a trail of socks down the hall within 5 minutes.

Due to my somewhat erratic decluttering I ended up with a bunch of stuff to get rid of. 5 bags of stuff (so far) went to Goodwill last weekend and I listed a lot on Ebay. It took me 3 days to get everything photographed and listed and ended up with 76 listings. Whew, I'm ready to back to work, it's a lot easier. Even with what I've done so far I still don't feel like I've made much progress, although the kitchen junk drawer is VERY organized for the moment.

I'm hoping to make enough off of Ebay to cover the new camera I had to buy since I've lost mine somewhere. It's not nearly as nice but it will do for now. I keep hoping my other one will turn up but I kind of think it must have got knocked into one of the trash cans in the house and it got thrown out while James was in charge of the housework the first couple of weeks I was down.

Now to the real news--I went for my first real run this morning in almost 5 weeks, YAY!! Granted it was a short run--1.6 miles in 15:15 but hey it was a run and I'm desperate to get moving so it counts. Air was ok, legs were ok, I couldn't stop grinning. The only issue I had was my arm and shoulder tightening up a little. Elsie and I had a 2 mile 30 minute walk just before my run so I did get in 45 minutes of movement this morning. Getting out of my sports bra is an ordeal though. There's something about lifting both my arms over my head and crossing them (the women know what I'm talking about) to get the bra off just sets my shoulder on fire. And it's not even near the break, it's like there's a nerve on the back side of my shoulder blade that's getting pinched. It was easier today than yesterday though so I guess that's just another thing that's going to take time.

No comments: