03 June 2008

Joy, Joy

Except for Elsie doing her best to drive me batty this morning, today has been a great day. 2nd day in a row to wake up with no pain and while we were out on our walk this morning I decided to see if I could run with no pain. Well, I can, for at least 5 minutes anyway, YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Walked 15 mins., ran 5, walked 5, ran 4--Elsie heard other dogs and decided to plop down on the pavement before we could get the full 5 in. All together we did 2.61 miles in 39 minutes--11 of it running. It was already very humid and warm at 6:30 am so didn't go the full hour I had planned after adding in the running because I didn't bring water for Elsie (yeah that's it I'll use the dog excuse!).

Haven't spoke to James yet this morning but last night he was doing better. No appetite but what he did eat actually stayed down. I initially blamed it on Sonic but we had also ate at Quiznos for lunch and had different kinds of sandwiches so I'm now thinking that may have been the culprit.

I've added in weights with the range of motion exercises yesterday. There are a couple that I can do with the 5 lb dumbbells but most of them I'm having to use the girly pink 2 lb weights that I'd bought for my 84 yr old mother-in-law. ARGHHHH! Do you know how frustrating that is? I don't want to use the girly dumbbells!!!!!!!! Other things in my life I don't mind being a girly-girl about but this is not one of those. Huge sigh, okay temper tantrum over (maybe).

Oh, I forgot to mention that I was able to ride on the back of James' motorcycle Saturday, another thing to be happy about. Things are going so well that I think I'll be able to ride mine next weekend.

1 comment:

Terry said...

What kind of pedometer do you use for measuring distance? You give very precise distances on your walk/runs.....I would like to venture out on some different routes, but I want to be able to log the length of it....