05 December 2008

randomness

Brrr, it's cold in my house right now. I don't know how people stand it keeping their thermostats at 68 F. I'm at least a 75 F person.

If you're a female truck driver and want to get more than the usual amount of "whoo baby" comments, find a skinny back road. I decided to give Hwy 37 south out of Mt. Vernon a try on Tuesday for a change of scenery and I don't think I've ever gotten hollered at so much within a 45 minute period.

I wish I could tell customers "I don't know when I'll be there, just sometime in the afternoon" like the heat/air repairman told James this morning.

Why didn't I get a push forward from the wind when I turned north on my tempo run Wednesday? The wind was sure pushing me back when I was facing south.

Umm, why does the newest guard at Penske keep asking me EVERY week if I drive solo?

At some point when I run at Cotulla or Pearsall I'm going to trip over a rattlesnake. I just hope it will be as startled as I am and slithers the opposite direction while I'm screaming like a little girl.

I need to buy some cold weather running gear that fits--most everything from last year is too big. Baggy bottom tights are NOT attractive in the least and certainly not comfortable.

Why do I appear so chubby in the Spa 10k pics? I look at least 10 lbs heavier than I am. Guess part of it is the too big running gear. Plus I've decided white shirts are not the best look for me.

I guess the photographer at the BDB 100 decided that people coming in over 6 hours didn't deserve to have official finish line photos. However there are a couple of good pics of James crossing here. 8th row down, the 2 on the right.

Had an awesome run yesterday evening. Did the first 3+ miles with Elsie--we stopped at the creek so she could get a drink and she was having fun jumping up and down the embankment. Brought her back to the house (and the corresponding bag of dog poop, yuck!) and finished the rest solo in the dark(!) for a total of 5.16 miles. Felt fantastic--at least until I figured out the blower wasn't working on the central heat.

Speaking of dog poop, I wish people would pick up after their dogs. Yes, it's no fun carrying around bags of dog crap but come on, it's part of responsible dog ownership.

That brings me to another dog issue. I watched what was (I assume) a husband/wife (bf/gf, whatever) at Cotulla pull up beside a grassy area in their big truck, open up the passenger door, and put their dog (german shepherd mix) out with no leash to do it's business while they sat in the truck. Needless to say, they didn't clean up after their dog. Lazy jerks.

While I'm on a roll here. I'm very picky about the dog clean-up baggies I buy, lol! I prefer the BioBag Dog brand. They're biodegradable and can be hung up on a hook so all we have to do is pull one loose before heading out the door, Easy-Peasy. Oh yeah, they actually open up easily unlike the ones I bought from Wal-Mart last weekend.

Just found out that I bought the extended warranty when I purchased our heating/air unit a few years ago. Shouldn't be any charge for the repairs, YAY!!

Continental Express out of Little Rock was purchased by Celadon this week. Celadon immediately fired all Continental office personnel and let quite a few of the drivers go that didn't meet their standards. How the heck can you manage to not meet Celadon's standards? Last time I checked they pretty much just required a pulse. James' friend at Continental told James that his pay was cut immediately from .38 cpm to .34 cpm.

Because of running so late this week I decided to spend the night at Kerens instead of pushing on for Arkansas Wed. night. Counting me, there were a grand total of 2 trucks in the actual big truck parking area. By the time I walked out of Dollar General there were FIVE trucks parked in the Car parking area. It's a small lot so it's not like you're going to have to walk forever to get to the bathrooms. Way to go guys, definitely promoting the not so good image we have.

Have not started Christmas shopping at all. It's going to be a madhouse when I do start.

The Big Dam Bridge is not showing the duathlon on the calendar of events for 2009. Bummer, I was looking forward to it. I don't think it got the level of interest that the BDB 100 and Twilight 5k did but they didn't put as much effort into promoting it. It was also raining last year so not as many people showed up. Most people don't like cold and wet when it comes to cycling.

Good luck to all the Cabot Cruisers running the St. Jude's Marathon, 1/2 Marathon, and 5k tomorrow!!!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Now I am all caught up on Gabrielle!

Your heating repair better be free. That'd be awesome!