19 December 2008

"This fog's as thick as peanut butter!"

I think I need to watch the 1964 version of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer just for that line! It certainly applies to my trip home from Laredo this week. I'm ready for the sunny 60+F day we're supposed to get tomorrow. Oh, here's a link for everything you could ever possibly want to know about fog, I adore Wikipedia, lol.........

Hmm, not a whole lot interesting happened on the way home other than listening to a female driver talking provocatively to other drivers on CB 19 between Texarkana and Prescott. It always kind of blows my mind that some women are actively seeking the kind of attention that I'm (and most of the other women drivers) trying to avoid. Now, we're not talking about a little flirtation here, this was stuff that would make me blush over when talking to my hubby. Oh well, not my business (or wouldn't be if she had been on an off channel) but it does tend to create something of a problem when some of these guys can't differentiate between those of us who aren't interested in entertaining them.

Since I was so late getting my lazy butt out of bed this morning (had my alarm set for 0530, it was just way too easy to shut ii off and doze some more, lol) I decided to stop at Malvern before sundown to get my workout in. What started out as an "I don't think I can do this" turned into "This is GREAT!!!!". I love it when a run just energizes you. Can't say that it put me in a better mood 'cause I was already feeling pretty good, it just took a little while for my muscles to warm up. The new whitewater park is going to be beautiful when it's finished, I just hope they don't over-develop the area. So while the fog is a p-i-t-a to drive in it made an awesome backdrop for a run next to the river.

Found out from our shop that we had 3 trucks wreck in the ice Monday night. One was a drop-deck loaded with GM parts, ooops. As I posted before, Arkansas is terrible about dealing with inclement weather. I think the prevailing attitude is that they'll just wait for everything to quit falling then react to it instead of being proactive in sanding/salting the bridges. Evidently Searcy got hit hard, there's still ice on the roof, around the fencelines and the trees tonight.

Have to get in gear and Christmas shop this weekend, until tonight I had done nothing, zilch, nada. The mountain bikes were mine and James' presents to each other so I don't have to worry about that at least. My sis, brother-in-law, and Mike are probably just going to get gift cards, just have to decide from where. That leaves my nephew, niece, and mother-in-law. Everybody else is getting brownies, cookies, and a "Merry Christmas!".

No comments: