10 February 2008

Home

Finally got a dispatch right at 1600 yesterday afternoon, but I have to deliver Monday morning at Cullman, AL then deadhead up to Pulaski to reload. I really, really dislike dealing with the Cullman plant. It's a tight place to maneuver in, the docks are uphill (this is a problem because I have no clutch on the truck I drive, it's very difficult to ease it into uphill docks with no clutch), and the people are jerks, esp. on Mondays. James was asked to pick up a late load first at Brownsville, then McAllen yesterday as a favor to our dispatcher. He brought it back to the Laredo yard and picked up another load to drop at the NLR yard on Sunday. It may be another 2 weeks before we get the trailer situation smoothed out again.

Unfortunately I ran over a cat today on Hwy 19. I tried everything I could short of jackknifing my truck to get away from it but it was determined to run across the road no matter what was in it's path. Not counting a bird here and there, this is the first animal I've ran over in quite a while, thank goodness, I dislike killing anything.

Today's run was at Prescott, AR, 3.75 miles in 35:20. This was supposed to have been done yesterday but I decided I needed a rest day instead. Overall a good, easy run, had to make a pitstop at the Love's halfway into it though. Last night's iced coffee from McDonalds was not agreeing with my tummy. I wish they would serve it without the milk, because dairy is definitely not my friend. Very nice day, 70 F, shorts and t-shirt weather.

No comments: