02 February 2008

Out of sorts

I don't feel good, I don't feel horrible, just out of sorts from these stupid hives on my legs. I ended up buying some spray hydrocortisone and some children's Zyrtec antihistamine. The spray stuff seems to ease the itching temporarily and the hives are slowly going away. I went with the children's medicine because I'm so sensitive to many medications, if I have adult stuff I usually have to take about half of the recommended dosage. The child version still messed with me though, tingly fingers and toes, numb lips, and knocked me out for the entire afternoon. Fun, fun, fun--not.

Yesterday was supposed to have been a run and weight workout. Got the weight workout done before lunch but was completely wiped out so planned to do the run before dark. Didn't happen because of the zyrtec.

Went out today after lunch for my 5 miles. Ended up with 5.47 in 52:05:42. Sunny and in the high 40's, kind of overdressed with a long sleeve compression shirt and capri tights but there was a steady cold wind. The wind was making me more thirsty than normal, I usually don't drink anything on a run of that distance but I had to make a pitstop at my house at 4.5 miles because my mouth was so dry. Lost my house key when I left out, didn't have my shoe pouch securely shut. I'm fairly sure I lost it on my street, I heard metal hit the pavement but when I looked back just saw a piece of metal that I thought I had kicked. A couple of 14-15 yr. old girls that live 4 houses up from us were on the other side of the street and I think they picked up the key, when I came back through looking for it I asked if they had seen it and they wouldn't even look at me. So we ended up changing out all our locks this afternoon. Grrrr, it was a p.i.t.a.--but I don't want to come home and find out they were using our house as party central.

Speaking of neighbors, James had an interesting conversation with one that lives across from us last week. The guy was grumbling about young people today not working or voting and when he asked James how old he was (42 by the way) he then proceeded to tell James that he would just now be figuring things out depending on how we had lived prior to this. Crazy, the guy is maybe in his mid 50s and he's acting like he's so much older.

Bought some new hair gunk this week, Sally Hershberger Style Primer for wavy hair. I have naturally curly hair so I'm always on the hunt for something that will defrizz without using silicones. Hopefully this stuff won't be a waste of money 'cause it is kind of spendy for drugstore stuff.

No comments: