15 February 2008

This week's workouts

Missed the scheduled 4 mile Tuesday run. Ran 4.52 miles on Wednesday at Robinson, TX, this was a new area for me to run. It turned out to be a decent option, not much traffic, no dogs running loose, and some nice scenery. The only downside is that the road surface was very uneven in spots and I did have a dumptruck driver follow me down a deadend street. I don't think he saw James at the end of the street waiting for me where he was stretching from his walk. Speaking of James, he reinjured his knee again weightlifting. He has an old injury from where he had a horse spook when he was working in Idaho as a packer. This is the 2nd time he's tried to do heavy leg presses and reinjured it. Last time it took almost 2 months to heal.

Speed workout on the treadmill Thursday evening. Supposed to be 7 miles total but did 6.3. Included 3 x 1600m at 8:00 pace with 800m recoveries. Listened to Podrunner-Symphonic movements, excellent mix!!

Need to get in 3 miles today and I think that I'm going to do the River Trail 15k tomorrow as a training run, I need 10 miles this weekend anyway and James won't be up to riding the bicycle along with me. Maybe I'll have some new pictures to post tomorrow afternoon.

No comments: