06 February 2008

Tuesday's run

Laid over tonight in Laredo, expected this though. I'm trying to decide what race to run this month but won't pre-register for anything because of the expected layovers. It's tough to do well on a race when I drove for 8-10 hrs the previous day so don't want to commit to anything until the day before.

Ran on Hwy 19 in Sulphur Springs, TX at 7 am this morning. Was in the mid to upper 60's and very humid. I was dying for some water at 1.5 miles in. Only had 4 miles scheduled so didn't think I would need to carry a water bottle, I was very, very wrong. Even the muddy creeks and puddles were starting to look appealing. Had to take 2 short walk breaks at mile 3.55 thru 3.6 and 3.7 thru 3.75. Didn't sleep well last night and was also having a hard time staying on a 10.01 pace. Almost got took out by a woman that had a cell phone seemingly permanently attached to her ear. I initially thought she was going on the shoulder to make a turn but nope, she was just too engrossed in her conversation to actually pay attention to the scenery around her, especially the runner in the bright pink shirt. 4.18 miles in 39:59 today-had 4 scheduled.

I have another 4 miler scheduled for tomorrow, hopefully I will have a trailer in the morning so I can go north and get my run in. Laredo is not especially safe for a solo female runner. Guess it would be a good time to find a gym that has a reasonably priced 1 day pass.

James stopped at home to run at the health club and he said there were waiting lines for the treadmills again. He did 8 minutes on the indoor track, 5 mins. on one 'mill that kept messing up and then 25 minutes on a properly working 'mill. So he ended up doing more than the 25 minutes scheduled (yay!!)

No comments: