08 January 2014

Friend-sickness

Homesickness has hit hard this week......well, really it's friendsickness because it's not necessarily the location I miss, it's being able to chat with my friends while running/cycling/walking with them.  I miss having someone to run with within an hour of asking, being able to chat about how horrible the red dragon cramps are, what is for sale on the dead bread rack at Kroger, how much we want a cup of coffee or a piece of cake, grumble or say loving things about our partners, point out the beautiful sunrise or sunset, how hot or cold, or perfect the day is, wonder what's up with the asshole driver swerving at us or thanking the nice one who gave extra room, what bargain was found at Dillards/Target/Goodwill, was this or that book/movie/music worth the time.........I've missed being able to talk about the recent senseless death of another running acquaintance or that it was the 2 year anniversary of my mother's death on the second of this month. I didn't realize how much I'd come to rely on being able to hash things out with my girlfriends while running next to them.






No comments: