20 January 2008

8 miles on the 'mill

Actually 2.5 miles on the older treadmill (hurt my legs) then 5.5 on one of the newer 'mills (much better). Listened to ep. 25 of 4 Feet Running (yay Nik for getting back to running!) and it helped me get through the first part of the run then listened to The Hives "Black and White Album". That and Kid Beyond is what's been played the most on my ipod lately--not counting the podcasts of course. If you haven't heard of Kid Beyond be sure and check out his myspace page at www.myspace.com/kidbeyond. He's amazing, I bought his cd Amplivate off of itunes before I'd even checked out his bio.

I actually was able to zone out today while on the treadmill, I've never done that in the gym before. Usually I'm just thinking about how boring this is and it's way too warm (yes, I know that's a recurring complaint, I might be a touch ocd about that!). Just hit a groove and greatly enjoyed it for once. Had 23 miles scheduled for the week, ended with 24.1.

I've gone through the Extra Mile podcast archive the past 2 weeks--why didn't I check them out over the summer? I've also subscribed to Confessions of a Runner after hearing about it from Adam Tinkoff's podcast Another Runner. Greatly enjoying all of them.

Results were up this morning for the No Name 5k, I was 26th overall out of 52, and number 8/23 of the females. Results can be seen at http://www.rivervalleyrunners.com/2008NoName5KResults.htm
I'm definitely a middle of the packer!! The 2 women that finished ahead of me go by Mad Dog and Wild Dog but they were very nice ladies with awesome personalities. Love their nicknames!!

Time to get ready to leave for the week, James gets an extra day off because of MLK day, but my plant is running. I told him that I was leaving the dishes for him--I think we're the only people left that don't have a dishwasher in the U.S.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

5.5 miles on the treadmill- whew, that's hard! I think the last time I ran on one, I only made it 1.5 miles. I just could work through those same complaint as you.

thanks for the shout out! :)