11 January 2008

Coffee first, then computer

Ok, my lesson for the day is do not post before I've had my coffee or at least be awake for 15 minutes first. Totally meant to send out happy thoughts and speedy recovery vibes to Nik of 4 feet running in Wednesday's post but was still in my it's morning already? state. Belated {{happy vibes}} Nicole. And I agree the repeated "are you pregnant?" question was a bit much. On a somewhat related note, James & I always get the you've been married how long and you don't have kids? Nosy, nosy people.

There's just one thing wrong with running podcasts. I always listen when I'm driving and get so motivated that I want to stop right then and go for a run. It's great to get that pumped up but not so nice when I realize hey, if I stop right now, I'm not going to make the delivery on time, and if that doesn't happen then I don't have money for new running shoes, race fees, nifty gadgets, etc., etc.,. Also most people probably wouldn't appreciate the big truck parked in the way either. Anyway, I love that there are so many and I'm definitely looking forward to Susan from Benton starting hers (soon I hope, pretty please?). Can you tell that I was working my way through the Extra Mile podcast archives this week?

Do not for any reason try to run in Whiteville, TN. Not only will the motorists there not move over to give you a little room, they will actually swerve from the opposite direction to try to run a person down. Yeah, I was having flashbacks to Steve Runner's Phedippidations and all the times he has joked (?) around about the motorists in his corner of the world. I've always felt that all roadways should have wide shoulders but I'm almost a zealot in that belief now.

Today was a 5 mile tempo run at the health club. 1 easy, 3 at 8:41, 1 cooldown. Would have preferred to do this outside but today was w4 d2 for James and the treadmill's easier on his legs. He did all but the last 2 minutes of the final 5 but he had a good excuse for cutting it short. He was wearing a new pair of shorts that was chafing and ended up with 2 bright red welts on his legs. Ouch!!!! I have been so lucky that I've never experienced the chafing problems that so many others have. Did think I was going to puke after the first mile at tempo speed, was okay after I turned the fan on. Why do I always forget to do that first, and why do they keep the health club too warm?

Finally made an appt to get my hair colored and trimmed, only a month and a half past due. Those roots are not a pretty sight. We did get to eat dinner at my favorite fast food place this evening--Jason's Deli. Loooove the salad bar! And yummy potato soup tonight. I was so happy when a location opened up in NLR, now if they would just expand to Searcy. Even though we're a college town it probably won't happen, we couldn't even keep our Papa John's Pizza (the owner said he just couldn't keep reliable employees).

Tomorrow is an easy 4 miler. Like Adam Tinkoff at the Another Runner blog and podcast I used the Runner's World Smart Coach to generate a training schedule for the LRM 1/2. I decided the other schedule I was following was a bit too much this time around, was on the verge of overdoing it.

Oh, and the ebay issue was finally resolved with no hard feelings, the buyer got back to me after the unpaid item strike and said she would still like to have the item. I took a chance and agreed, have been paid and shipped the item this afternoon. Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy (at least until it comes to the feedback issue, what do you do in this case?)

No comments: