13 January 2008

Yeah, I'm a wuss



26* F this morning so we didn't ride with the Sat. morning group. Laid around until 0930 when we decided to get around and get James' w4 d3 walk/jog and my weight workout done. James got all of his intervals done with no problem today. He's definitely ready for w5 d1, the rest of the week may be a little more challenging. I did my leg workout while he was on the treadmill and then he came over to help me with the upper body portion. Oh boy, I may be very sore in the morning. Some guy came over and told James he better watch working me out so heavy, it wouldn't be long before I could whip him. James' reply was something along the lines about I could already outrun him so he was probably already in trouble and then bragged about me planning to run the LR 1/2 marathon. I think he's a proud hubby.
We did manage to get a bicycle ride in this afternoon, Brian and Petra from our Sat. morning group called before we left for the gym and asked if we wanted to go to the Big Dam Bridge and ride part of the River Trail. We got there about 2 in the afternoon and had a nice slow ride of approx. 15 miles along the north bank and then crossed the BDB. On the return climb I was looking down at my speedometer and thinking I can run up this faster than I'm pedaling (I was on the mountain bike, so a little more work than the road bike). I am so out of condition on the bike.

There was a group of what James originally thought was Canadian snow geese on the river, but then thought they might be swans. We couldn't get close enough to tell and when I tried to get closer they started swimming in the opposite direction so I couldn't even get a decent picture.
8 miler scheduled for tomorrow, going to be a chilly one, we need to get an early start tomorrow because we had to leave both our trucks to be worked on.

>

No comments: